Trainer: Dan Mason
What’s it about?
With the growing importance of social media, this one-day worksop quickly goes beyond the usual focus on search engines (though they are still covered) to understand the growing importance of social optimisation … creating stories and links that stand the best chance of being shared through social channels.
Who’s it for?
Anyone in the mainstream media, PR, non-for-profit, local government or private enterprise with experience of contributing to or managing a website/blog, and active interest in social media.
What will I learn?
• Practice basic optimisation skills to ensure your words, images and video to stand the best chance of being found online
• Understand how search engines work; the difference between on-page and off-page search engine optimisation
• Explore the tricks and techniques used by growing websites and blogs for encouraging greater levels of engagement
• Understand what kind of content does – and doesn’t – get promoted on Facebook’s news feed and on Twitter
• How to encourage sharing through the use of email
• Create a schedule of shareable content for your own website or blog
• Leave equipped with a simple toolbox of online tools to create your own shareable content
• How to measure your success
What will I need to bring?
Computers will be available for use in our training room.
We are offering two free training days to NUJ members who have been made redundant within the last 6 months.
Cancellation policy: 2 weeks before start of course after which time payments cannot be reimbursed.