Trainer: Dan Mason
What’s it about?
If you are fundraising, promoting an event, appealing for volunteers or highlighting an important community issue, social media provides a powerful means of getting your message across. This one-day workshop will take you step-by-step through including social media in your next successful campaign.
Who’s it for?
This workshop is aimed at those with experience of using social media but who feel they haven’t exploited its full potential. It’s especially useful for those in the not-for-profit and local government sectors, who want to try new ways to grow their influence on a limited budget. Please note: this workshop is not designed for professional marketeers or experienced online community managers.
What will I learn?
• The day will follow three simple steps: Plan it, Do it, Review it …
• How to establish a foundation for social media engagement
• How to identify the right social media channel for the right message
• How to establish the objectives, branding and key messages for your campaign
• How to plan and schedule engaging content for your campaign
• How to manage your social media updates across Facebook, Twitter and other social platforms
• How to monitor activity and respond to community reaction
• How to be ready for any negative feedback
• How to maintain momentum beyond the official end of the campaign
• How to measure the results of your campaign using simple tools and metrics
What will I need to bring?
Computers will be available for use in our training room.
We are offering two free training days to NUJ members who have been made redundant within the last 6 months.
Cancellation period: 2 weeks before the start of the course after which time payments cannot be reimbursed.