Tutor: Philippa Davies
Self-publishing – online especially – creates huge opportunity for journalists and writers of all disciplines. But it requires a different orientation from that of traditional publishing. In this hands-on day, you’ll discover a market-led process for what you want to write, and how to use software that makes e book production easy.
You’ll create a personalized self-publishing road-map, which will take you from idea to realization.
Who should attend? Journalists, marketing & PR professionals, and writers of any description who want to create, market and distribute their work themselves.
You’ll learn how to:
- Plan your writing based on how you market and distribute
- Understand the differences between traditional publishing and digital production
- Scope and work your online platform for discoverability
- Create strong hooks
- Produce E books using WordPress and Scrivener
- Understand how Amazon and other platforms work
- Hack your work into different formats
- Use what you self-publish to open up new opportunities and help achieve your goals
Testimonials from October 2015:
Anwen Baldwin, Freelance Reporter/Writer “Very interesting, informative and inspiring”
James McDonald, Freelance Writing, VJ, Training “Very useful training…. The profession of journalism is changing fast.”
Natasha Hirst, Photographer/Writer “This course has helped me define how to move a writing project forward that I’ve been stuck on for over a year”
Jamie Carter, Author and Freelance Journalist “This course has really opened my eyes to publishing e-books and how to promote it alike”