Tutor: Louise France
Louise France has over 20 years of experience as both a writer and editor and has previously edited the award-winning The Times Magazine, The Times’ Saturday colour supplement and the Observer Review.
A reminder that if you are an NUJ member and you’ve been made redundant in the past 6 months we will offer you two training days for free.
This workshop will look at how to come up with ideas, how to pitch them, what national magazines and newspapers are looking for – and what they’re not.
Who Should Attend:
- Freelance (or temporarily unemployed) journalists looking to expand their offering
- Employed journalists wanting to interest national magazines and supplements in regional stories.
- Any journalist looking for new inspiration and ideas and who wants insight into what commissioning editors at the nationals are looking for.
A better understanding of:
- How to think like a commissioning editor
- How to earn money as a freelance
- How to turn a mediocre idea into a good one
- How to pitch