Are you fed up of pitching ideas that go nowhere? Maybe you’re frustrated at the lack of feedback. Do you feel that your work is undervalued (by editors … or by you)?
Editors and commissioners are busy people who are inundated with pitches. This workshop will challenge you to think outside the box, help you to come up withsaleable ideas, provide you with tools for getting yourself noticed and give you confidence to negotiate the best deal.
Who is it for?
This workshop is aimed at freelance journalists who want to build a wide portfolio of work and get paid appropriately for it.
1. Target and create freelance contracts, projects & jobs
2. Focus on ideas & research
3. Pitch for work or contracts
4. Negotiate your rate
5. Set goals for now & the future
What do you need to bring?
An open mind, ideas, enthusiasm and a notebook.
Expected learning outcomes:
- An understanding of what it takes to persuade commissioners to use your work
- Acquisition of greater confidence in your deal-making skills