Trainer: Simon Williams
This one-day course will help you create shareable, engaging content that’s easily read, highly accessible and gets found by the right audience.
You’ll leave knowing how to make sure your pages appear high in search engine results, how to develop a content strategy so you’ll always write with purpose, and how to produce pages that keep your visitors reading, and coming back for more.
Who’s it for?
New journalists developing their skills, established journalists moving from print or broadcast to web, and communications professionals responsible for content management and producing online copy.
What will I learn?
By the end of the day, you will:
- Know how people read and find information online
- Understand your audience, and be able to provide the content and experience they’re after
- Know how search engines work, and how to use search engine optimisation (SEO) to get your pages to the top of Google
- Write and produce web pages that are scannable, concise, accessible and sticky
- Appreciate the importance of headlines, standfirsts and crossheads, and know how to write them