Trainer: Judi Goodwin
Remove the blocks, write faster and more fluently and increase your earning power by writing twice the copy in half the time.
Whatever kind of writing you do – editorial features, PR and marketing material or even a best-seller, this highly acclaimed course offers you an opportunity to let go of what is expected and conventional in order to make more space for spontaneity and creativity.
The learning approach is unconventional and sometimes challenging. A series of writing games, processes and group discussions allow delegates to make important discoveries for themselves. We address not only the all-important process of structuring, writing and editing, but the psychological aspects too. You will learn how to bypass your logical, self-critical brain and tap into your more creative powers.
There is an opportunity to put your new techniques into action on your own work-based project. So come and be amazed by skills you never realised you had.
Who should attend?
- Beginners or experienced writers who want to produce editorial copy, PR and marketing material or business communications faster and with more life, passion and style.
- Particularly useful for anyone wanting to bring a more human and engaging slant to technical, scientific or financial topics.
- Ideal for anyone who has struggled previously with the written word.
You will learn how to:
- write more fluently on any topic, for any purpose
- tap into your creativity and incorporate it into day to day writing tasks
- produce compelling copy that engages, inspires and motivates your readers
- gain confidence and avoid writer’s block
- plan and structure your writing effectively
- improve pace, readability and style
- discover the power of writing with passion
- communicate from the heart and the head
Please bring on the day:
- An idea for a 30-minute writing project to tackle in class, plus any notes or written material you need. It is important you arrive with a thorough knowledge and understanding of the material so please read your notes and refresh your memory the day before the course.
- A copy of the target publication for the project if applicable
- A short example of your work-related writing (preferably unedited) to give the tutor an idea of your current style
- One copy of your organisation’s publication if appropriate.
What others have said about this course:
“Thank you for the course. I recommend it to EVERYONE I meet who is looking for more confidence in their writing because that’s what it did for me … gave me the confidence to write my way and to know that I’m good at what I do. Lots of ‘That’s spot on – thank you’ response emails from editors have of course helped with that too. Thanks again Judi,” Karen Hall, Freelance Journalist
“A breakthrough in increased confidence. I’m not afraid of writing any more.” David Robbins, Photographer, Solihull
“It opened a wellspring of pent-up creativity and writing skill I was convinced I didn’t have.” Tony Brunskill, MD, Perfect PR
“It helped me loosen up and let the words flow out.” Julie Draper, Manchester
“Accepting and inspiring. It has freed me to become the real me.” Pam Hanson, Author
- Cancellation period: 2 weeks (10 working days) before the start of the course after which time payments cannot be reimbursed.